Belly fat is extremely disturbing to us both aesthetically healthily. We all know that it is not easy to get rid of the belly fat completely. Imagine, you do not have to carry a few extra weight for your tummy. What about if I tell you, I have a great solution for your tummy.
You may wonder about strict ways to lose belly fat. No, my friend. In this article, I will discuss how to reduce belly fat with yoga poses.
Lastly, I will answer some of your most frequently asked questions.
Top 6 Yoga Poses for Flat Stomach
From ancient India to today’s world, yoga has been practicing all-over. Yoga has many varieties of poses. As I promise you to talk about 6 simple poses of yoga to lose belly fat. They are –
1. Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)-
This specific type of pose helps to strengthen the muscles of your abdomen. It also relaxes the lower back. Along with yoga for burning belly fat, it can also solve digestive problems such as constipation. This pose is helpful for those who have difficulty with backache and respiratory distress.
How to perform-
- Lie on your stomach.
- Bring your chin to the mat and place your palms under your shoulder.
- Left your chest and hips stay on the floor.
- Relax your shoulders down.
- Press your chest forward.
- Gently lower your chest and bring your chin to the mat.
- Move slowly and with control.
- Rest your arms down by the sides.
2. Dhanurasana (Bow pose)-
This pose can be difficult for your abdomen, but it pays off by helping to strengthen them. It also provides stretch to the abdomen, arms, chest, backs, thighs etc. Thus it is a wonderful yoga to burn belly fat.
How to perform-
- Lie flat on the mat along with the legs and feet together.
- Kneel the knees and lock up your ankles.
- Move slowly.
- While inhaling, span the back facing the thighs, head and chest jointly.
- At the time of exhaling, lift your head and kick the feet above.
- Mindfully bring the heels adjacent to your buttocks.
- Balancing on the stomach with an exhalation comes down.
- Lower the legs, chest, and head.
3. Kumbhakasana (The Plank) –
This is one of the most well-known stomach fat burning yoga poses. It tones the muscle of the abdomen while strengthening the arms, thighs, back, buttocks, and shoulder.
How to perform –
- Begin on your hand and knees.
- Wrist directly under t shoulders and knees under the lockdown your toes under and step your feet back one at a time extending your legs behind you.
- Lockdown slightly ahead of your palm so that your neck is aligned with your spine.
- Pull your abdominal muscles in, while keeping your hips from sinking.
- But do not let them rise either.
- Your body should form a straight line from the heels to the top of your head.
- Make sure your hands are flat and your fingers are spread.
- Gently slide your shoulder down your back.
- So your shoulder is away from your ears and your neck is elongated.
- Stay in the pose anywhere from 30 seconds to 1 minute to get its full effect.
- Release the pose by dropping your knees to the floor.
4. Naukasana (Boat Pose)-
This pose works effectively on both the front and side of the abdominal muscles. It strengthens the physical core. So it is a perfect yoga asanas for fat stomach.
How to perform –
- Sit on your mat with the leg fully extended.
- Bend your knees and lean your torso back.
- Extend the arms in front of you.
- Raise both legs to a 45-degree angle.
- Arms parallel to the floor engages on toes or on the nose.
- Breathe out as you release the pose.
5. Ustrasana (Camel Pose)-
This pose helps to reduce fat on your thighs. So if you want to reduce belly fat by yoga, this pose is only for you. It also has other benefits. By expanding the muscle of the abdomen, it helps to improve digestion. It also enhances your posture. Before practicing it, the back problems should be evaluated.
How to perform-
- Sit in Vajrayana.
- Slowly stand on your knees.
- Hips upwards.
- The right-hand goes up.
- Place the right palm on the right heel.
- Place the left palm on the left heel.
- Push the hips forward as you drop your hip.
- Chest opening up.
- Stay in the pose.
- Feel the strength at the back.
- After third exhalation, come up in the same way.
- Again Sit in Vajrayana.
6. Tadasana (Mountain Pose)-
Tadasana is a standing type of pose that increases the blood circulation of the body. It strengthens the knees, ankle, buttocks, and thighs.
How to perform –
- Stand with your feet.
- Keep your shoulders straight.
- Bring your arms up.
- Interlock the fingers on the top of the head.
- Lift the heel and stretch your hand to the ceiling.
- Tuck the hands.
- Keep lifting your heel and outspreading your hands to the sky.
- Slowly feel the air, flowing through your body relaxing and stimulating it.
- Bring your heels down.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does yoga burn belly fat?
Yes! Yoga will help you to burn belly fat. It can tone the entire body. Yoga strengthens your muscle of the abdomen. By practicing the intense form of yoga, you will burn more calories. Ashtanga, Power Yoga, Vinyasa, etc are particularly helpful yoga poses for belly fat.
2. How can I lose belly fat in yoga in a week?
If you want to lose belly fat by yoga in a week, you have to raise your yoga session daily. Some poses are helpful for you like-
- Cobra pose-Bhujangasana
- Boat Pose – Naukasana
- Bridge Pose – Setubandhasana
- Camel Pose-Ushtrasana.
- Bow pose-Dhanurasana
- The plank-Kumbhakasana.
It is quite difficult to burn belly fat within one week. So you have to follow some factors besides yoga. Thus-
- Drink plenty of freshwater.
- Adequate sleep.
- Limit carbohydrates and fat.
- Increase the moderate amount of protein.
- Sufficient vitamins and minerals intake.
3. Does yoga slim your waist?
Yes. Yoga can slim your waists. There are some effective yoga poses for a flat stomach and slim the waist like
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
- Virabhadrasana (Reverse Warrior Pose)
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Parivritta Sukhasana (Easy Seated Twist Pose)
- Navasana (Boat Pose).
Yoga associated with a healthy diet will help you for attaining a small waist.
4. Why am I gaining weight doing yoga?
You may wonder why am I gaining weight doing yoga! The answer is simple, my friend. Gaining weight or losing weight is depended on your food habits. If you do not follow a balanced diet, you will gain weight doing yoga. Another factor is also responsible for it which is the type of yoga you are practicing’s its physical form or easy one. So along with practicing yoga, you have to focus on these things.
5. Can you do yoga 2 times a day?
Of course! You can do yoga two times a day. Although there are no specific times of yoga, you can practice it according to your choice and need.
6. Can I do yoga 3 times a day?
Obviously you can! If your head is spinning with this kind of question, I have a clear-cut answer for you. The more you can practice yoga, the benefit will be multiplying. So if it is three times a day for you, then it is perfect.
Above this discussion, I am sure that you will get enough ideas to reduce belly fat with yoga. So if you want to see yourself perfectly, practice yoga more frequently. This simple pose of yoga can be a part of your daily routine. However, the benefits of practicing yoga are limitless.