From morning rush hour to late night, you have to bear tons of workload. You have a little time to relax. Life becomes stressful because of the situations and pressures around us. It is not easy to get rid of these stress. Right?
For you, I am here. You may be wondering to relieve stress by medication or relaxing your body by that. No, my friend. I will not drive you in many difficult ways.
In this article, I will tell you about yoga for stress management and relaxation. Before ending, I will provide answers to your frequently asked questions briefly. Then my friend, let’s jump into this article.
Top 3 Yoga for Stress Management and Relaxation
Yoga is the practice of body and mind for developing a perfect physical, mental, and spiritually healthy life. Deep breathing and meditation, will help you to reduce our stress by slowing heart rate and blood pressure.
The importance of yoga in stress management has been proven from the ancient era. Experts say that yoga practice can be useful in many expects of life. I promise you to give you an idea about yoga poses for relaxation and stress management. Among thousands of varieties, I have selected only three poses of yoga for you.
Let’s start out talking about these poses –
#1. Easy Pose (Sukhasana)
This pose strengthens your back muscle and helps to improve posture. But it has the most amazing benefits in reducing mental stress. So, friends. If you do not know how to perform it, I am here for you.
How to do?
- Begin in Dandasana with the feet together and the legs outstretched in front you.
- Place the hands by the hips.
- Sit up tall with a long neutral spine.
- Allow the shoulders to relax down the back.
- Internalize your awareness on the feeling of the breath and body.
- To come into the posture bend both knees.
- Bring the left foot under the right knee and the right foot under the left knee.
- Crossing at the shins, you can roll it out from the calves to make some space between the legs.
- Take a moment to lift and tilt the pelvis forward so that the spine can sit in a long and neutral position.
- And place both hands on the knees taking any mudra of your choice.
- Tuck the chin through the crown of the head, steady your gaze beyond the nose and internalize your awareness.
#2. Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose)
This is a very therapeutic and relaxing lying down pose which can make you happy by reducing stress. It calms the brain and mind.
How to Perform?
- Lie flat on your back.
- Inhale and pull the legs up.
- Bring both of the knees adjacent to your chest.
- With your arms stretch inside your legs, hold your big toes using a toe lock.
- Gently open up your hips and widen your legs to deepen the stretch.
- Stuck each ankle directly over the knee.
- Keep spine in an erect posture.
- Press the knees down feel the stretch in the hip, groin, and thigh.
- Breathe normally.
- Release your arms and legs.
- Lie on the mat for a few seconds before making another asanas.
#3. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend Yoga Pose)
This is a wonderful yoga for calming your brain. It also helps to reduce anxiety, stress, depression, or headache.
How to Perform?
- Sit up on the mat.
- Legs extended straight on ahead of you.
- Keep the spine erect and toes bend towards you.
- Raise the hands above the head and extend up.
- Start exhaling.
- Kneel forward from the hips, chin moving to the toes.
- Pull the chest above the feet.
- Put the hands on your legs in whatever place they reach not providing any force.
- Put down the head to your knees.
- Long Exhalation.
- Extend the spine ahead, reaching towards the legs with the head.
- Extends the arms ahead of you.
- Again start the sitting position.
- Start exhaling and putting down you’re your arms.
These are the three best poses that can be used as yoga and meditation for stress management. If you want to get relief from stress quickly, pick anyone above this. You can practice this yoga as a stress management tool.
Along with the benefits of stress relief, yoga practice can strengthen your muscle. It makes the body more flexible. For getting a better result, you should practice yoga poses in the mornings. To see the effect, you have to be consist of practicing it.
To get rid of monotony, you should select to practice some varieties of poses every time. Practicing deep breathing is also an equally important part of yoga for stress relief.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is yoga good for stress management?
Yes, my friend. The benefits of yoga for stress management is undeniable. Yoga reduces stress by relaxing body muscle and calming your mind. So, yoga is not only good for stress management but in my opinion, it will be the best.
2. How yoga helps in stress management?
Stress can be an antidote against stress. Yoga collaborates with exercise, breath control techniques, emptying the mind, and relax the body. These are the main factors for relieving stress.
- Exercise – Physical form of yoga helps to reduce body ache which occurs due to stress and tension.
- Breathe control – It is a part of yoga which helps to fill up your lungs with more oxygenated air. For this, your body becomes active and feel stress-free.
- Emptying the mind -At the mid-session of yoga, you try to flash out all thinking of your mind. Thus emptying your mind will help you to reduce stress.
- Relaxation – Yoga helps you to relax your body. So, ultimately it will help you to reduce stress.
3. Which type of yoga is best for stress relief?
Yoga has many varieties of forms. Presumably, all these forms may help you with stress relief. You can select the pose according to your choice and need. But if you are having a hard time in selecting any perfect type of yoga, I am here to tell you about some of them. Thus –
- Easy Pose (Sukhasana).
- Happy Baby pose(Ananda Balasana).
- Seated Forward Bend Yoga Pose(Paschimottanasana).
- Standing forward bend (Uttanasana).
4. How does yoga reduce stress and anxiety?
Yoga will help you reduce stress and anxiety by elevating relaxation of the body. Because of anxiety and stress, three aspects of us can be affected. They are our body, mind, and breathing.
In the body, it reduces blood pressure and heart rate. It helps to clean the mind from thinking. During yoga, our breathing is also controlled. So all these factors together with yoga reduce stress and anxiety.
5. What is the best exercise for stress?
To tell you the truth, any type of exercise can be helpful for decreasing stress. You can pick up any type of them according to your personal preferences and ability. Exercise will increase the physical fitness level while reducing the stress.
But if you want to hear my opinion about the best exercise for stress. I would love to tell you, it is yoga! Apart from other types of exercise like walking, jogging, gardening, weightlifting, etc, yoga is the best exercise for stress.
Above this discussion, I am optimistic about the matter of yoga for stress management and relaxation. By reading this article, I hope you will be able to practice yoga no matter how busy you are. Because only a couple of minutes of practice can provide you a stress-free life. That’s the goal.
Read more related Post:
She is a proud mother of three children. Married for 25 long years! She is the perfect Admin & Editor in chief for this site. She will be sharing her life long experiences with us.
Leave a Reply